AMAZINGLY DURABLE, NATURALLY PURE AND BRILLIANTLY WHITE (NEVER PLATED)
“BioBlu27™ Cobalt is a high purity, high performance material that exhibits a unique combination of strength and scratch resistance.”
Anthony Guitterez (Carpenter Technologies)
WHAT IS BIOBLU27™ COBALT?
BioBlu27™ is a Cobalt alloy comprised of a mixture of cobalt, chromium, and molybdenum. It is a non-magnetic super-alloy exhibiting extreme strength, as well as high resistance to corrosion and wear. The name of this astounding alloy originated with the metallurgists at Carpenter Technology, specializing in mission-critical, high performance metal creation and performance . Biocompatibility (living in harmony within the human body) is represented by the term ‘Bio’, supporting the fact that it is used in the purest of medical applications, such as cardiac surgical needles and incredibly durable prosthetics. Cobalt, historically associated with the color blue, is represented by the first three letters of that word: “Blu.” Finally, the periodic table’s contribution is Cobalt’s atomic number, which is 27. Our BioBlu27™ Cobalt alloy offers the following advantages over other leading precious and contemporary metals:
- Superior Strength and Durability
- 100% Solid – Will Not Crack, Chip or Break
- Brilliant, Naturally White Luster (never plated)
- High Performance: Excellent Corrosion Resistance to Withstand Daily Wear and Contact with Household Chemicals
- Scratch Resistant and able to be polished to a brilliant shine or satin finish, exactly like Platinum, gold or any precious metal.